Tuesday 19 March 2013

Work and Hobbies

 
Since qualifying as a TEFL teacher back in 1990 I have had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students of all ages and from many sectors, in various schools and language institutions in England, Spain, Switzerland and the Netherlands. For the last three years I have been working as a freelance English language teacher/trainer supporting, advising, teaching and assisting candidates in their preparation for Cambridge exams. This has given an extra dimension to my work and has created new challenges and possibilities in and out of the classroom. Seeing as we are in an incredibly dynamic and exciting era of learning, I feel very privileged to be in a position to be able to experience and share the benefits of this with my learners.

 
When I am not working you might find me out with 
friends, at the gym or out on my racing bike. I love my bike and the many adventures we have been on. To be fair these have only been in the Netherlands up until now and despite having 28 gears on my bike I don’t always have much opportunity to experiment with them living in such relatively flat terrain! This is a fantastic place to cycle and cyclists are generally well-respected on the roads. The infrastructure is excellent, with many separate cycle paths so it is incredibly easy to cover a lot of distance in a day – such a wonderful way to discover the country … and particularly if the sun is out!


No comments:

Post a Comment